💡 Can You Transfer From NYCHA To Section 8? - Clever.net

Can You Transfer From NYCHA To Section 8?

In order to be considered eligible to receive a Section 8 transfer voucher you must be a tenant in good standing with both NYCHA and your current landlord (ex. you cannot be facing termination of your tenancy for failure to recertify or allow inspection, and you must be current in paying your portion of rent).

Can I switch from NYCHA to Section 8?

NYCHA Housing Choice Voucher Holders who wish to transfer or “port” their Section 8 vouchers to a location outside of New York City can submit their port out transfer request via the NYCHA Self-Service Portal or call the NYCHA Customer Contact Center (CCC) at 718-707-7771.

Portability - NYCHA - NYC.gov

How do I move out of NYCHA?

2) ENDING A TENANCY: The sole Tenant or both Co-Tenants may end the tenancy and leave the apartment, by signing a Notice of Intent to Vacate, giving NYCHA 30 days notice.


How long does a transfer take in NYCHA?

Once the request is approved the Section 8 tenant should receive a transfer voucher within 6-8 weeks.

Housing Transfers

Is NYCHA the same as Section 8?

NYCHA administers the largest Section 8 program in the country. Approximately 85,000 Section 8 vouchers and over 25,000 owners currently participate in the program. The New York City Housing Preservation & Development and New York State Homes and Community Renewal also operate Section 8 programs in New York City.

About Section 8 - NYCHA - NYC.gov